Community Garden + Community Orchard + CSA
There is something here for you just around the corner. If you like to grow your own food, have fun learning with friends, and in general enjoy digging in the dirt – we recommend you lease a community garden bed. If you travel often, not a big fan of getting dirty but still appreciate the taste and quality of naturally grown whole foods from farmers you know – then a CSA share might be your best bet. See below for details on all your options!
- 64 15’x15′ Private Community Garden Beds, $75 Annual Fee
- 8 ADA Raised Beds, $25 Annual Fee
- Community Composting
- Education Classes
- Natural Playscape for Kids
- Open Dawn to Dusk
- Scholarships Available – Please inquire if interested
To garden with us, please contact our membership coordinator.
Community Orchard or Food Forest (Future)
- We are looking for volunteers to lead a research effort for a community orchard. If you are interested, please contact our garden administrator.
- Planned for approximately 100 fruit trees, nut trees, and berry bushes to be cared for by volunteers trained as orchard stewards.
- Top Bar Apiary providing a honeybee sanctuary for the bees and healthy pollination for the project. The hives will be paid, cared, and harvest by Rose Roots gardener/ beekeepers.
- Chicken Coop Co-op because hens are a responsible way of pest management in an orchard & fresh farm eggs simply taste better.
- More information will be shared on this piece as it becomes available.
Community Supported Agriculture, CSA
- Let the farmer grow for you.
- Buy a CSA share now from Star Acre Farms and pick up a bag of veggies fresh from their farm each week from June thru October.
- Or buy a punch card and buy what and when you want. Cards are available in $100 increments to use at the Star Acre Farms booth in the Arvada and Golden farmers’ markets or at their new farm stand at the farm.
- Visit Star Acre Farms for more information.